Reduce your risk of mold: Check for leaky appliances
Leaky appliances in your home can lead to extensive water damage and even mold growth if not taken care of quickly. If the conditions are right, it only takes 24-48 hours for mold to start growing. By keeping an eye on your appliances, you can help catch leaks early and reduce the risk of mold growth.
Follow these tips to help reduce the risk of leaky appliances and pipes in your home and reduce your risk of mold growth.
- Regularly check your washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator, water heater, sinks and toilets for signs of leaks.
- Routinely check for leaky pipes, appliance hoses and faucets.
- If you see signs of leaks, such as condensation or water collecting anywhere, dry it quickly and find the source of the leak and fix it.
- Fix plumbing problems immediately.
- Monitor your utility bills each month. An unusually high water bill can be a sign of an unseen leak.
By keeping an eye out for leaks from appliances and other water sources in your home, you can catch leaks early and reduce the risk of water damage and mold growth. If you do encounter mold growth or other water damage, give us a call at 662-349-6500. SERVPRO of Desoto, Tate, & Tunica Counties can make it “Like it never even happened.”