A "clean" water loss
When you have a "Clean Water" water damage that is considered a Category 1 Water Damage. That water does not pose substantial threat to humans. Examples are broken water supply lines, tub or sink overflows or appliance malfunctions that involves water supply lines.
If you have a Category 1 or a "Clean Water" Water Damage at your home or business here are some tips to follow:
- Shut off the water source of water if possible, or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet ares of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wood clothes pins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water possibly causing electrical shock or damaging the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fans if ceiling is wet, or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
SERVPRO of Desoto, Tate, & Tunica Counties is available 24 hours 7 days a week. Please call us today if you have a water damage at your home or business at 662-349-6500.
SERVPRO of Desoto, Tate & Tunica Counties also offers the following services:
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot
- Water Removal & Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation & Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs & Contents Restoration
- Electronics & Equipment
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Air Ducts & HVAC Cleaning
- Biohazard, Crime Scene, and Vandalism Cleaning
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes & Blinds Cleaning
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors Cleaning
- Odor Identification