How to Eliminate Mold In Your Home
Depending on the severity of mold in your home, it can be quite the undertaking to remove mold from your home, often the best choice is to call a water damage restoration specialist like SERVPRO of DeSoto, Tate, & Tunica Counties. SERVPRO’s professional team will use top of the line equipment and their specialized expertise to bring back your home to a healthy, mold-free state. Once your home is returned to this state, it is important to practice mold-preventing habits.
Mold and mildew build up especially in places like bathrooms, laundry areas and basements. Here are some mold preventing tips that will help keep your home safe and clean:
- Repair any plumbing leaks.
- Put an exhaust fanin the bathroom.
- Clean garbage cans weekly.
- Remove bathroom carpeting if moisture is a concern.
- Scour sinks and tubs at least once monthly with a diluted bleach solution.
- Clean refrigerator door gaskets and drip pans.
- Use an electric dehumidifier; drain the dehumidifier regularly.
- Raise the temperature in the basementto lower humidity levels.
- Promote ground water drainage away from your house.
SERVPRO of DeSoto, Tate, & Tunica Counties has water damage and restoration specialists who also help to restore structures with damage caused by fire and other disasters. Call us today at 662-349-6500. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.