Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Fire damages can be devistating, no matter how big or small. Trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Desoto, Tate & Tunica Counties with your most valuable belongings. Trust SERVPRO of Desoto, Tate & Tunica Counties with your home. We have the most up to date technology to clean not only your contents, but also your structure. We also have a full construction team that can rebuild what's necessary to make your home truly "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO of Desoto, Tate & Tunica Counties works with most insurance companies and will make the process as easy as possible for you. We are available 24/7 and you can reach us anytime at 662-349-6500.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (662) 349-6500
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.