Fire Damage from Kitchen Fires in Senatobia, MS
Statistics show that 2 out of every 5 fires begin in the kitchen. SERVPRO of Desoto,Tate, and Tunica Counties has a lot of experience working with fire damage and restoring customers homes "Like it never even happened".
Just last week we helped a customer in Senatobia, MS that was a victim to a kitchen fire at their home. This is a terrible time for anyone to have to go through, but letting SERVPRO of DTT helps to take the worry and stress away, especially in the beginning stages of this traggic event.
Here are tips from the American Red Cross to Avoid Cooking Fires:
1. Never leave cooking food unattended – stay in the kitchen when frying, grilling or broiling food. If you have to leave the kitchen, even for a second, turn off the stove.
2. Check your food regularly while cooking and remain in the home while cooking.
3. Use a timer so you’ll remember that the stove or oven is on.
4. Don’t wear loose clothing or dangling sleeves while cooking.
5. Keep the kids away from the cooking area. Enforce a “kid-free zone” and make them stay at least three feet away from the stove.
6. Keep anything that can catch fire - pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains—away from your stove, oven or any other appliance in the kitchen that generates heat.
7. Clean cooking surfaces on a regular basis to prevent grease buildup.
8. Consider purchasing a fire extinguisher to keep in your kitchen. Contact your local fire department to take training on the proper use of extinguishers.]
9. Always check the kitchen before going to bed or leaving the home to make sure all stoves, ovens, and small appliances are turned off.
10. Install a smoke alarm near your kitchen, on each level of your home, near sleeping areas, and inside and outside bedrooms if you sleep with doors closed. Use the test button to check it each month. Replace all batteries at least once a year.
We hope you and your family never has to experience a fire damage in your home, but if you do please call SERVPRO of DTT at (662) 349-6500 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!